- Sales open: October 28, 2023
- Sales close: December 4, 2023 at 12:00pm
- Draw date: December 8th, 2023
- 1st Place Grand Prize: Grocery Giveaway (PC Gift Certificates) (valued at $5,200)
- 2nd Place: Windsor Spitfire Suite Package ($1,000)
- 3rd Place: Pizza Oven ($299)
- 4th Place: Turkey Dinner Package ($116.00)
- Turkey ($52), PC Stainless Steel Roaster ($38), 2x Boxes of Stove Top Dressing ($7.58), 2 Cans Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce ($6.58), 2 Bags Peaches And Cream Corn ($8.00), 2 Cans Franco Turkey Gravy ($4.00)
- Total Prize Value: $6,615
- A total of 1,653 tickets will be sold
- Tickets will be sold at $20.00/ticket or 3 for $50
Rules of Play:
- The sale of raffle tickets will take place online and in person between October 28 and December 4, 2023.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to purchase a ticket. Purchasers will have to confirm they meet the age requirements via a check box on the online ticketing form.
- In-person ticket sales will request ID where applicable in order to confirm age requirements are met.
- Must be in the province of Ontario at the time of purchase. Purchasers will have to confirm their location prior to completing the purchase via a check box on the online form, and through their billing information during check out.
- Billing addresses must be located in Ontario in order for the purchaser to be eligible to win the raffle. Purchases made with billing addresses outside of Ontario will be refunded, and the tickets will be voided/not included in the prize draws.
- Purchasers must acknowledge the acceptance of the rules of play before the ticket purchase can be completed.
- Online, there will be a link to the rules on the online ticketing form, and then the purchaser will have to confirm their acknowledgement via a checkbox before the transaction can be completed.
- In Person sales will require the purchaser to sign the ticket stub to confirm acknowledgement.
- Tickets will be available online at https://windsorcancerfoundation.org/
- Tickets will be sold using WooCommerce as the online store, and Paypal as the merchant account. Tickets may also be purchased with cash, where a paper version of the online ticketing form will be filled out by the purchaser, and the information will then be entered into WooCommerce.
- When tickets are purchased directly online, the purchaser will receive an email notification confirming their purchase, which will serve as their ticket.
- When tickets are purchased with cash and the manual ticket purchase form is completed, purchasers will be given a paper confirmation of their ticket as well as receiving email confirmation to provide proof of purchase.
- When tickets are purchased the ticket purchaser will provide their full name, address, phone and/or email address. The tickets that are pulled during the draw will contain all this information so that winners are easily identified and contacted.
- The winning tickets will be selected via a barrel draw, where physical tickets will be drawn from a barrel as per the steps outlined below:
- After ticket sale cut-off date, tickets will be printed and placed into a draw barrel.
- On draw date, the draw barrel will be shaken/mixed before each prize draw. We will first draw for the 4th place prize, then the third, then the second then the grand prize, first place draw will be last. All draws will be done on the same date.
- As the 4th, 3rd and 2nd place prizes are drawn for, the winning tickets are removed from the barrel and are not eligible for remaining prize draw(s).
- Winners will be notified through a phone call. At this time, arrangements will be made to distribute the prizes to the winner.
- The winning ticket numbers will be announced via e-mail and the winners will also be listed on our website: https://windsorcancerfoundation.org
- If the winner does not wish to claim their prize immediately, they may claim their prize by contacting Windsor Cancer Centre Foundation at: 519-254-5577 ext. 58557, or by email at: email@example.com. A representative from the Windsor Cancer Centre Foundation will meet with the winner at an agreed upon time and location for ticket verification. The winner will then be given their prize. For verification, winners must show identification matching the information on the winning ticket(s).
- The winning ticket holder has 6 months in which to claim their prize from the date of the draw.
- The winner must provide his/her name, address and phone number with picture identification for our post raffle report sheet.
- Once the certified winner is verified, and provides identification with photo ID, they will be given their prize. If the winner cannot provide photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
- Any unclaimed prizes must be held in trust by the Windsor Cancer Centre Foundation for a period not less than six (6) months from the date the prize was awarded. Windsor Cancer Centre Foundation must keep records of the attempts made to contact the winner as part of the documentation retained under the terms and conditions of the licence. At the end of the six-month period, the total amount of the prize held in trust, including interest, or the value of a merchandise prize equal to the manufacturer’s retail listed price, must be included by the Windsor Cancer Centre Foundation in the gross proceeds of the lottery event.
- The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the raffle: The Windsor Cancer Centre Foundation Staff and Board of Directors, their spouses, or any individual who resides in the same residence of the aforementioned persons.
- For Meta contest promotion, Meta (Facebook and Instagram) are fully released from liability. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Meta.
- The above set of rules will be posted online at windsorcancerfoundation.org
Play responsibly: Ontario Problem Gambling Helpline (1-888-230-3505) www.connexontario.ca