WINDSOR, ON. August 11, 2021
The Windsor Cancer Centre Foundation (WCCF) has committed to providing $799,107.43 in funding for new equipment and programs for patients at the Windsor Regional Cancer Program.
“Thanks to our generous donors and sponsors, the Windsor Cancer Centre Foundation is able to continue providing support to the Windsor Regional Cancer Program and the patients we serve”, says Houida Kassem, Executive Director of the Windsor Cancer Centre Foundation.
These funds will allow the Windsor Regional Cancer Program to replace much needed aging equipment, assist in the development required for a new radiation bunker and to continue providing breast reconstruction locally for women in our region:
• Fourth Radiation Treatment Unit: Supporting the necessary development for a fourth radiation treatment unit to be added to the Windsor Regional Cancer Centre to accommodate increasing radiation treatment needs.
• 13 Vital Signs Monitors: Replacing broken monitors to ensure timely patient care.
• Ten Infusion Pumps: Assist with providing systemic treatment to patients.
• ArcCheck: An essential part of radiation treatment plan quality assurance to ensure treatment is given to the patient as planned.
• DQA3 Device: Used daily to test the radiation output accuracy of the radiation treatment machine to ensure safe and accurate treatment for patients.
• Four Patient Sit Up Assist Ladders: Used to safely assist patients to the upright position after completion of treatment or treatment planning where they must lay flat. Also minimizes injury to staff as on any given day they can be assisting up to 30 patients.
• Breast Reconstruction Items: Implants, expanders and alloderm tissue matrix that are required to maintain the breast reconstruction program and to continue offering this vital service to patients in our community.
“We are so grateful for the generous donors in our region and the Windsor Cancer Centre Foundation for providing funding for our Radiation & Systemic Treatment Programs at the Windsor Regional Cancer Centre. This funding will truly make an impact on patient care by allowing us to treat patients with the most up to date technology and treat more patients in a timely manner.” Said Jonathan Foster, Vice President of Emergency, Trauma, Mental Health, Cancer Services & Renal, Windsor Regional Hospital.
CONTACT: Jenny McGregor, Windsor Cancer Centre Foundation Manager of Fundraising
519-254-5577 ext. 58634 / email@example.com
About the Windsor Cancer Centre Foundation (WCCF)
The WCCF serves as the official fundraising arm for the Windsor Regional Cancer Centre, fulfilling requests of the Windsor Regional Cancer Program. These requests include the purchase of state-of-the-art equipment, patient amenities, and initiatives, such as the Patient Assistance Fund, and our Seeds4Hope program which supports excellent local cancer research. Thanks to tremendous community support, the WCCF has raised over $30 million to date!